At SC labs, we carry out all testing in-house. All procedures are conducted in accordance with strict scientific protocols and based on the latest research available. Both of our laboratories are fully equipped to test for cannabis potency, quality control, terpenes, residual solvents, and genomics.
Our labs are located in Santa Cruz and Santa Ana, California.
- We use high performance liquid chromatography equipped with a diode array detector (HPLC/DAD) to conduct full cannabinoid profiling. Potency testing allows us to determine cannabinoid concentrations in flowers, concentrates, and edible products. Unlike gas chromatography, liquid chromatography does not artificially heat samples, allowing us to provide precise measurements of heat sensitive compounds.
- We offer pesticide, fungicide, and plant-growth regulator (PGR) residue testing of both medical marijuana and agricultural products. Our screenings include a combination of liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) and are in full compliance with EPA, FDA and/or state ELAP guidelines. SC Labs is the only laboratory in the nation that tests for all of the most commonly used miticides, fungicides, and PGRs.
- We provide residual solvent testing using gas chromatography and head space analysis. This allows our clients to ensure that their cannabis concentrates are free from harmful impurities.
- Our terpene analysis is capable of identifying over 35 of the most common terpenes, using gas chromatography with a flame ionization detector (GC/FID).
- We offer professional consultations on cultivation, Integrative Pest Management (IPM,) strain optimization, hydroponic design, grow room design, continuing education on cannabinoid science, and budtender training.
- When processing and handling your sample, we abide by the strictest standards for environmental analysis. All testing is performed by properly trained and qualified laboratory technicians.